Monday, April 26, 2010

Another cake

So my mom's birthday was on 4/20 (she's 51 now). We celebrated her birthday the weekend before the actual day because my sisters were in town. I decided to try making the Asian Fruit Basket Cake again. I used a different cake recipe from http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/golden-layer-cakebr-recipe. I think I overbaked it a little bit, because the cake was a little dry. It tasted really good the next day though!

My mom always lets my cousins blow out the candles. It's hilarious to watch my youngest cousin Dylan because he sways side to side when people sing the Happy Birthday song.


Lots of layers... I got help from Lionel and my sisters with decorating. I baked the cake in two round pans. Lionel sliced the cakes into two layers each. The strawberries in the filling are chopped into small cubes and mixed with whipped cream. Then we just built the cake, frosted the outside with more whipped cream, and topped with strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment