Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lemon Chicken With Spinach

So I wanted to try something new this last week for dinner, but I was also searching for something simple. This is what I decided on and it was delicious! I again got the recipe from Food and Wine but I altered it a bit since I was only making a half recipe, Chris doesn't like olives, and I didn't realize I didn't have capers until the night I made it. But in the end it didn't matter and I was in love with the quick and easy preserved lemons I made.

Ingredients:
2 lemons
1 bag of spinach
1 - 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 chicken breasts
1 cup of chicken broth
handful of sun-dried tomatoes
1 bunch of parsley
3 tablespoons of butter
salt and pepper

First preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Slice your lemon in about 1/4 inch slices, so you have lemon rounds. Then get a little saucer of olive oil and dip/splash each lemon slice with olive oil so it has the oil on both sides. Place on a parchment paper - lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges of the lemon are starting to brown. They will look like this when done.


Meanwhile, pour the bag of spinach into a large skillet. Saute over high heat until just wilted. The bag will basically take up the WHOLE skillet and then shrink down to about a cup once cooked. I think when I did it I slightly over cooked my spinach a bit, so you dont want it to be completely crumpled up yet. Still very tasty. then remove the spinach from the skillet and add 1 tablespoon of oil and the bread crumbs. Saute until the breadcrumbs are browned and then add the spinach again. Stir to mix for about a minute and remove from heat.


In another skillet or in the same skillet after you have removed the spinach, put the remaining oil and heat over high heat. The place the two chicken breast in, with salt and pepper on both sides, and cook each until browned on both sides, three minutes per side. Then add the chicken broth and sun-dried tomatoes and parsley. Bring it to a boil and let it cook for another 5 minutes. Add the lemons and the butter. Cook until the butter is melted and the chicken is cooked through about another minute.




Take it off the stove, and put the chicken over the spinach. Spoon some of the sauce on as well. Then enjoy! I LOVED the lemons. :)



1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of eating spinach and bread crumbs plain >.< The lemon looks really good.

    ReplyDelete