Thursday, April 8, 2010

Roasted Veggies


So I am annoyed as crap with work at the moment, thus making me blog....funny how that works you know. Anyways, I am sorry I haven't posted any of my food in ages. Work has had me running in circles and at the moment I am getting sick of justifying the longer hours and random work schedule to myself, so I wanted to blog about some of the fun things I have been making after my long days at work to make myself feel better.

To start we have Roasted Veggies. This is one of the simplest and most delicious ways I think you can cook vegetables and the best part is that you can use this recipe with virtually any type of veggie you want.

Ingredients:

1 lb Broccoli (or cauliflower or whatever you choose)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon pepper or spices (something for excitement!)

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Chop your broccoli how you would like to eat it, that is if you want long spears cut it up like that or if you want bite size pieces cut it up like that. I always cut my broccoli kind of randomly because I think it makes roasted broccoli look better and makes it more fun to eat. Put your broccoli in an appropriately fitting baking pan. I usually use my 8X8 glass Pyrex dish merely because it almost always fits in there. Then toss the remaining ingredients over the broccoli, and toss the veggies to get the olive oil and seasoning to coat the veggies.

Put the pan in the oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until it is your desired tenderness. You should start to see the broccoli flowers start to brown and that is a good sign it is done. I usually mix up the veggies half way through cooking just to keep an eye on them and get them evenly seasoned and browned.

Here is what you get in the end!



No comments:

Post a Comment