Saturday, June 18, 2011

Roasted Garbanzo Beans

My mom told me about these babies as soon as I got home for break. I went "wait, you GRILL garbanzo beans? How do they not fall through the grill??" She laughed at me and said they used the roasting pan. I gave her a look and figured I would just have to wait and see. Two days after being home my mom decided she would make them, so she takes them out of the fridge and then puts them on a pan, and I ask, "what are those?" seeing these little pods, bigger than and squatter than edamame pods. She promptly replies, "these are the garbanzos!" At that point I was hooked.

Ingredients
1 lb of fresh garbanzo beans
1-2 tablespoons of roasted garlic olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
1/2 big lemon
any other fun stuff you want add for seasoning

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

2. While the oven is preheating, drizzle the olive oil over the garbanzos and sprinkle the salt. Mix them up and stick them in the oven.



3. Let them cook for about 20 minutes or until they are the desired brownness. My mom turns them if they cook them on the grill and then do it in a little pan with holes in the bottom. They also cook them for less time.

4. After they look good, take them out and sprinkle lemon juice all over them and season to taste.



5. Eat and enjoy! (Lien, don't eat the outsides :) )



So very addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment